My Condolences to the Royal Family & Friends
Let me extend my deepest sympathies for the loss of Queen Elizabeth. The world has lost a magnificent example of intelligence, beauty, loyalty, grace, and dignity.
In one of my past positions, it was part of my job to reach out to the royal families of the world.
I will never forget the moment I first received a letter from Buckingham Palace and the Queen herself and the excitement that it brought. She was a friend and icon to many.
I wish you peace, love, and serenity. The world was lucky to have had her.
Computer Graphics + Graphic Design
The field of Computer Graphics is a specialization of Computer Science. When you combine it with Graphic Design and Photography, it can make for a powerful combination. A lot of what I am working on these days is applying Artificial Intelligence to images for advertising and branding.
Let’s look at some before and afters –
Before – Problems: Model looks too young. Shot now needs to run in Fall. Humidity during shoot flattened models hair.
After – Model looks older, heavier makeup, body in the hair plus curls, background replaced.
Before – This is just a simple change of scene. This is a nice shot that was photographed in Palm Beach. However, it needs to run in Fall.
Using Artificial Intelligence can yield these better results. I’ve done it on thousands of photos.
Before – Problems: Too young, flat hair.
After – Fit for Advertising. This is for an SMS campaign.
Behind the Scenes Video
As promised, here’s a behind the scenes video. I hope you enjoy the fun facts behind Shoot 1 and the behind the scenes look.
- The hardest thing to photograph in the world is jewelry.
- We introduced our bride and groom Hugh and Kelly 60 seconds before we started the shoot and the role they had to play was as a couple in love.
- Hugh had never modeled before. His background was as a VP of Marketing, and he owns his own consulting business. Hugh is 6’6”. I selected Hugh out of a friends contact list to pair with Andrea who is very tall as is Julie.
- The bridal dress was ordered for Andrea. I thought height wise, Hugh and Andrea would look good photographed together. I ordered a size 10 for Andrea. When the dress arrived a few days before the shoot, it’s about a size 4. I’m a size 4 and I weigh 110 lbs. I put it on and it fit me perfectly. I snapped a photo of me in the dress and sent to my team with a message, “We have a problem…” We put out an emergency call for anyone who had a good-looking blonde friend who wears a size four. We got Kelly, who’s a real estate agent and marketing professional. She was delightful to work with.
- Hugh forgot his pants and tie the day of the shoot. He left in a hurry right before the start of the shoot to get the tie. I said I didn’t need the pants because Kelly is about 5’4” so for all the shots with the two of them, I needed to have them seated.
- The tourists were fascinated by the shoot. One called Hugh’s look without pants, “very European.”
- Some of the clothes on the models are from my closet.
- No one on my crew had ever done a shoot like this before. I did them for many years in Palm Beach for luxury brands. One year, I had six back covers of magazines or double page spreads as well as the website and advertising for the brands. So, I had to train an entire team and crew. We 244 pieces of jewelry in one day. The inventory of Palm Beach Jewelry is very extensive and will require many shoots.
- The editing and postproduction work took months. Before I went back into the business world in 2011 in marketing and computer science, I was a dual computer science and design professor and department chair. I used Artificial Intelligence algorithms to achieve some of the looks for the models. The videos have nothing applied to them. The photos have been edited.
- Update – Since Shoot 1, we did Shoot 2. We put a new web site into place plus a new Amazon store. Anna Kim moved on in her career and we wish her the absolute best. We hired Maria Kerrigan recently who works under me as a graphic designer. She worked with me on Shoot 2, which you’ll see in future work.
- We just hired Don Gatehouse as our studio photographer. Don has been the photographer for names such as Mikasa, KitchenAid, Farberware, Cuisinart, Pfaltzgraff Martha Stewart, Guy Fieri, Bobby Flay, Bombay, Hoffritz and many more.
- On Shoot 1 we had former Miss New Jersey, Miss California, Miss USA and first-runner-up for Miss Universe.
- It was a pleasure to work with everyone on the team. Thanks for joining us behind the scenes.
As promised, here’s the behind the scenes look from Shoot 1 at PalmBeach Jewelry in the first steps of repositioning a brand. I hope you enjoy it and everything that goes into creating the magic.
#laurakerbyson #palmbeachjewelry #juliehayek #jewelry #fashionjewelry #photography #computerscience #design #photoshoot #branding #website #amazon #missnewjersey #missusa #misscalifornia #missuniverse
New Amazon Store
The New Site Has Launched
Enjoy! Graphics change frequently…I had fun with the photo shoots, picture editing, graphics and code. We have a full team.
This was that SaaS server with a different platform I mentioned.
Putting together the knock-out outfits…
We have two fabulous dates planned that are noteworthy.
In early February we’re going to the Matador Room in Miami. I have a stunning dress planned for that night.
But here’s the really delicious one – we are celebrating Valentine’s Day at the Versace Mansion for dinner. Although I don’t care for red, I happen to look really good in it. I have two gowns on order and I purchased all my jewelry including some fabulous earrings that are coming from England. Rubies are actually my birthstone but I never wear them. But now that I’ve bought them, you might see more of them.
This is going to be a night to remember and I am going to dress to hilt for my guy. I picked out some “wow” factor dresses. I’ll choose the best one and save the other for another date.
The year could not be ending on a better note…
I am grateful for the blessings that have come my way recently. Honestly, the year could not be ending on a better note. 2022 is poised to be one of the best year’s yet and I am looking forward to all the excitement and good things that January will bring.
I want to spend January getting things underway before I tell you what I’ve been working on. This is something that is exciting and honestly, great fun for me.
On a personal note, I look forward to finishing out the year in a beach house with my Mom and her puppy Dylan. I don’t have the proper time for a dog but I sure do love to love on other people’s pets and children.
Nick is spending time with family as well but he’ll be back in town in January and has promised to take me out to celebrate my good news that I will share with you later.
It’s going to be a fantastic 2022! Happy Holidays to you and your family. May 2022 also be spectacular for you as well.
I am super excited about the work I am going to be doing beginning right after New Year’s.
I’ll give you more details later. But I can tell you that this is an incredible fit with my name written all over it and it’s with a great bunch of people. It’s a company to be admired as they are the world’s largest in what they do. And if you love some of the things you’ve seen here, you will love this.
And it specifically draws on my creative abilities.
I can’t wipe the smile off of my face. It’s a fantastic opportunity. It’s a great way to start 2022.
I know some people thought I was going to go a different direction and pick up different work and I thought that too and then magically this appeared and it changed the game. I could never say no to this.
I am so incredibly happy about this.
MSN News picked up the last article I wrote…
Check it now. My last article has now been pushed on MSN News.
It was also picked up by:
11/9/21 Newsbreak – Why graphics technology could be costing your company millions
11/9/21 – Opera News – Why graphics technology could be costing your company millions
Why Your Choice of Graphics Technology Could Be Costing Your Company Millions $$$
I hope you enjoy my new solo article that now appears on Fast Company about why your choice of graphics technology could be costing your company millions of dollars. I explain a few Computer Graphics basics that really add up.
#websites #facebookadvertising #emailmarketing #graphicstechnology #computerscience #cgi #cg #computergraphics #fastcompany #laurakerbyson #photoshop